All right now – so you have your site up, and you are very proud of it. You are so happy with your site that it takes a while for it to sink in that although it’s a great site, it’s absolutely useless if only you, your mom and your preferred ‘other’ are the only people to go see it. You need traffic – but not just any website traffic, as there are ways for you to get tons of hits to your site that will drive it up the rankings.
What you need is quality traffic that you can turn into the main thing you and everyone else with a site are after –real traffic, those that buy, click on the ads and all those lovely ways to make some extra cash from your project. Here’s a couple of no-brainer ways to get this going for you.
1) Get yourself an opt-in list – simply have a ‘join our newsletter’ box on your site, you’ll then start building a list of likeminded people (it’s important that they are like minded, so they will get what you send them) then send your specials or updates on a semi regular basis to the list. It works.
2) If your site is for a product, create an affiliate program so you can have other people sell your product for you. Millions have been made from this, even if it’s only a brandable e-book. This is also a great way to generate real traffic to your product.
3) Post in forums, “tweet” out with the best of them, “digg” like crazy, alert everyone whenever you update your site, let the world know what you find “del.icio.us”, let other’s “stumble” onto your post’s – making sure that you ALWAYS have your site address appended at the end of the messages you send. (If you don’t know any of the above terms in the quotes, just search for them – you’ll see). This will get you quality traffic, as the people wouldn’t be going there after reading your post if they didn’t want to find out what you’re talking about. With this type of targeted traffic, your half way there to making those all-important sales.
4) Make sure your site is optimized to be indexed by all those meta crawlers and spiders out there. This means do not use frames. This means do not spam! Not if you want quality hits, and return visitors. Don’t forget, return hits mean they want something from the site.
5) Keywords. All important. Frankly, the best way for this to work is to ensure that each page of your site has being optimized individually for keywords. Why? Well, if your page is optimized for your keywords, you will get real traffic that is very targeted to your specific product. Someone may just want to go straight to buying your product, and not care about the rest of the site info and setup.
6) Get backlinks going that coincide with the main topic of your site, keep them relevant, and make sure that you do add the other website’s links into your site somewhere.
7)Update, update, update. Every time you update, use #3 above, and you’ll soon see tons of website traffic coming your way. These are all free methods that work. None of them will make it happen overnight, but they do work. So, enjoy and put these methods in place for gathering your worthwhile traffic that will buy.